Losing Weight…One Pound at a Time
Image: maya picture / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
During a time of year when everyone is focused on not gaining weight (enter the egg nog, ham, latkes, kugel, etc.), why not focus on actually losing weight? Contrary to popular belief, the holidays are not 45 days long, or whatever that period from Thanksgiving to New Years Day is. It’s about 4 to 5 days: Thanksgiving, Christmas (or Hanukkah or Kwanzaa or enter your religious observation here including Festivus), New Years and one or two holiday parties. That’s about 10% of the days. That means you can be eating healthfully and staying active the other 90% of the time. Since I advocate living by the 80/20 rule (eat and move well whenever you can…which usually becomes 80% of the time, because you know you probably won’t the other 20%), that gives you plenty of wiggle room.
So to those out there who fear gaining weight this month…I say fear not. Eat, drink and be merry. But do it on the actual holidays. “Three days after Christmas” isn’t a holiday for most people that I know, so why would you consider it a holiday from your healthful eating and exercise habits? Keep it going.
And if you are looking for some tips on how to start losing weight one pound at a time, check out my article at RD411.com here (http://tinyurl.com/3c5eo9e). Get started now so when everyone else is resolving to go to the gym and eat well after New Years’, you’re already doing it! And bring a friend along for the ride…you’ll both benefit more!
#health #wellness #jasonmachowskycom #weightloss #fitness #behaviorchange #LifeSavored #JMWellness #nutrition